Total Pageviews

Friday, January 21, 2011

Terrible Toddlers...

How do I write this? Right now I am not loving my 4 yr old.  His exploits today have left me sobbing in frustration as he pours milk on my brand new recliner, pushes his baby brother to the floor, screams because wild kratts isn't on, and tears through my house like a whirling dervish leaving a wake of destruction behind him. I am worn out from the litany of: stopthatputthatdownleavethatalonestopscreamingdon'tpushyourbrothersitdownandbequietoryourgoingtobed!  My head is pounding and my eyes are hot and swollen, I have been defeated by a toddler!  He is not a terrible boy, just a stir-crazy one. we have been snowed in for days. He is bored with me and I am tired of entertaining him, and getting him an endless stream of snacks and drinks.  There must be a point where the parent-child relationship needs a little space, when we are not each others favorite person in the world.  The best thing I can do for him is to send him upstairs to play with his legos. He takes like a punishment but  the most loving thing to do is to get him away from me.  Parenting is definitely not for the weak!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. Those kinds of days are soooooo hard. Hopefully your day ends with a glass of wine and some chocolate!

    ReplyDelete